1. After state legislators all over the country have introduced or passed bills regulating women's health, women legislators are introducing bills regulating men's health care, such as Viagra and vasectomies for men. Look here and here. * I didn't want to make this too long but I'm putting the language of the Ohio bill below. It's worth reading.
2. Arizona has passed a "wrongful birth" malpractice bill that shields doctors from liability if they do not tell women the truth about their pregnancies to influence them to continue with problem pregnancies, in other words, to lie to them. How's that "women's right to know" thing going?
3. Ninety-eight sponsors (and counting) have let it be known that they do not want their spots to be aired during Rush Limbaugh's program. They'll probably creep back and I'm not sure it's a good idea to cut off anybody's free speech, but this is fun while it lasts.
4. Republicans are trying to claim that Democrats are the ones waging the war on women and they just want to talk about jobs, even as Republican-controlled legislatures continue to introduce oppressive anti-abortion and "personhood" bills all ovber the nation.
5. I learned, or perhaps relearned (I may have known this once back in the 1970s), to my shock and amazement that the U.S. and Puerto Rican governments carried out a covert policy to sterilize as many as 35 percent of Puerto Rican women from the 1930s to the 1960s. More. Than. One-Third. To learn more about this, go here or Google Puerto Rico and sterilization. For that matter, Google United States and sterilization.
6. The Obama Administration is phasing out Medicaid funding for 130,000 women in Texas in retaliation for Texas defunding 51 Planned Parenthood clinics that provided basic health care to women and did not perform abortions. Boy, the women of Texas really came out ahead on that one. Just another reason to never, never set foot in Texas.
The only heartening thing I've seen in this whole dismal mess is that young women, the ones who didn't live through the Women's Liberation movement, for whom contraception and abortion have always been taken for granted, are waking up and beginning to fight back.
All of these things speak for themselves. Just go to the links.